Aimed squarely at the downcountry and trail market, the new Forekaster is born from the need for traction without compromising on weight. Maxxis have reinvented the Forekaster for 2022 and today they launched the finished product. Let’s take a look at the details….
Originally designed as a wet weather cross country tyre the Forekaster of old has been reborn and now sheds the title of wet weather XC tire and dons the mantle of downcountry and light trail tyre. Maxxis say it’s a ‘Goldilocks’ tyre, a tyre that rolls fast but also provides solid cornering and braking traction in a range of trail conditions.
Features of the new Maxxis Forekaster include:
- A densely packed tread pattern to increase rolling efficiency
- Taller side knobs to improve cornering grip
- Raised ridges on the casing to promote mud clearing
- Increased casing width and volume from 2.35 to 2.40 and 2.60
- Two rubber compound options: Dual or 3C MaxxTerra
- EXO sidewall protection
- Tubeless ready casings
The Forekaster looks like it’s been re-envisioned is a positive light and we are keen to get our hands on a set to put on test. We’ll keep you posted on how we go and until then keep your brakes wide open and see you on the trails…..