Entries are now open for the Auscycling National Junior Travel Program – a program aimed at getting young riders to the major national level events across the nation when parents can’t attend. It’s a great program that will mean more junior riders are given greater opportunity across all mountain bike disciplines – here’s the details….
National events are a staple for those wishing to progress, to move towards a career in mountain biking and to develop to their full potential. Our junior riders should be nurtured, their abilities should be fed the opportunity that they desire and their futures should burn brighter than the generation before. That’s exactly what the National Junior Travel Program aims to achieve and the team at Auscycling have their finger on the pulse when it comes to development.
The NJTP gives the opportunity for U17, U19 and U23 riders to attend selected events without requiring parent/guardian accompaniment, and under the supervision of experienced and accredited coaches and staff. Athletes are met at the destination airport and are under the care of AusCycling staff until they are on their returning flight at the end of the camp.
The program is targeted at athletes aged 15 to 22 (at Dec 31st 2022) who would otherwise have logistical difficulty in attending National Cup events / National Championships. To be eligible athletes must be –
• XCO and CX – eligible and competing in U17, U19 or U23 category (where there is no separate U23 category
athletes aged aged 22 or younger at Dec 31st 2022 racing elite category are still eligible).
• DHI and GE – eligible and competing in U17 or U19 categories or elites aged 22 or younger at Dec 31st 2022.
• All ground transport at the destination.
• All meals / food (excluding race food – gels etc and any exceptions will be clearly noted on the specific information for each event).
• Supervised/coached practice laps (XCO-CX-GE) and/or track walk (DHI).
• Basic mechanical support.
• Feed zone / techzone assistance (XCO-CX).
• Nutritional, race prep and warmup advice.
Upcoming Events in 2022
- CORC National Cup Gold / UCI Junior Series XCO – Canberra ACT – Jan 26 – 30 REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN
- AusCycling MTB National Championships – Maydena TAS – Feb 14 – 21 REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN
- Oceania DHI Championships – Kooralbyn QLD – March 16 – 21 (TBC)
- Oceania XCO Championships – Brisbane QLD – March 24 – 28 (TBC)
- AMBC National Cup Gold XCO – Adelaide SA – April 21 – 25 (TBC)
- Inside Line National Cup Gold DHI – Adelaide SA – April 28 – May 2 (TBC)
- MAD MTB Classic National Cup Gold / UCI Junior Series XCO – Mackay QLD – May 29-30 (TBC)
- AusCycling Gravity Enduro National Championships – Red Hill VIC – Oct 19 – 24 (TBC)
It’s great to see Auscycling on the front foot and pushing forward with junior development, particularly in the current times. If you are a junior that is looking for support then click the links above and apply for the Auscycling National Junior travel program.