The crew at Kids Ride Shotgun have been working hard to bring us a new and improved children’s front mounted bike seat, so your kids can hit the trails with you and enjoy the stoke. The newly launched Shotgun Pro has been several years in development and we reckon it’s a pretty nifty bit of kit for all mountain bike parents. We’ve got one on review at Brakes Wide Open and here’s our first look at The Shotgun Pro…
By Mike Branch
The Shotgun® Pro is a brand new design, it’s been built from the ground up and has been several years in production. Kids Ride Shotgun claim the Shotgun Pro to be truly the ultimate kids mountain bike seat and our first impressions are good.
SHOTGUN PRO VS SHOTGUN ORIGINAL
- Zero Frame Contact with the Shotgun Pro (seat mounts between the stem and the seat post)
- Lightning fast to swap between bikes
- Shotgun Pro is suitable for regular and E-bikes
The Original Kids Ride Shotgun Child Seat is an awesome bit of kit and mounts to most modern bikes without a hassle, but it did have limitations for e-bikes due to their wider top tubes. The Shotgun Pro addresses this and can be mounted on any bike with zero frame contact, something riders with expensive carbon setups and E-Bikes will be glad to hear.
TECHNICAL / FITTING SPECIFICATIONS
· Designed for kids aged 2-5 years (up to 60lb / 27kg)
· Fits all mountain bikes with standard 1 1⁄8 steerers (10mm clearance required)
· Please note that adaptors for use with Trek Knock Block and Scott Syncros headsets are not supplied with your seat (sold separately)
· The Shotgun Pro seat is suitable for dropper posts and all common seatpost sizes, including 27.2mm, 30.9mm, 31.6mm and 34.9mm
Our first impressions are good and The Shotgun Pro looks like a well made, well developed bit of kit that will perform just as good as it looks. The attention to finer details is not lost on us with ease of use obviously at the forefront of the development team’s mind. The Shotgun Pro is quick to mount, quick to adjust and looks like it belongs on a boutique bike with it’s smooth lines and stealthy finish.
We’ve got it on test here at Brakes Wide Open HQ and will get back to you with our full review shortly. Until then keep your brakes wide open and see you on the trails….