The 2021 racing season is nearly upon us and the team at Rocky Trail Entertainment will be bringing back the ever popular Fox Super Flow Series to Queensland. The dates have been announced and it looks set to be a blockbuster series full of fun, good times with your mates and party trains to keep us smiling all day long. We took a look at the fixtures….
By Mike Branch
Round 1: Mackay 22 May, 2021
Round one of the series heads to Mackay for some Fox Super flow action on the trails at Rowallan Park. With the first Super Flow being held in Mackay last year, the taste for more racing in the central Queensland area has been confirmed. Trails will include the following;
- FOX – The FOX track includes the first 2 wooden features of the “Millsy’s Ringa Mahi” from that point you can choose your own adventure! Both lines converge onto “102” for some rocky descents before cutting into the skills park onto the wooden berm to finish just below the MAD Mountain Bike Club House.
- A line – continue on Ringa Mahi for a Rocky technical run that will test your line selection all day long,
- B line – a newly created link crossing the fire road into Wild Turkey
Both Stans & Lazer flick to the left before dropping onto the road and splitting.
- STANS – Takes “Organ Donor”onto “Pips Playground” before a hard left into “Jellyfish” passing under the bridge for a short pedal to the finish.
- LAZER – Punches up onto “Dragon Back”, down onto road heading into Pride rock then onto “The Bees Line” pass “Devils Elbow onto the B track down to Mosquito Creek for the finish
Round 2: Atherton 5 June, 2021
Round 2 of the series heads to Atherton in far North Queensland. The tableland town has been known for it’s ever growing mountain bike scene with a round of the Queensland Enduro Series being held there in 2019. Atherton Mountain Bike Park is an ever growing trail network and details are still being finalized for this race. We will keep you up to date as details emerge.
Round 3: Townsville 26 June, 2021
Round 3 heads to Townsville and an awesome trail network with a growing enduro scene that will see a big turn out for race day, this race is the race that will be worth a road trip if you are looking at getting away during the race season. Check out the course map below…
- FOX – Starting at the very top of the hill The FOX track starts down “The long Way” to “Ring Bark Frog” before breaking off onto a pedally section of “Tower link” to get over to the last stretch of “Taipan” before finishing on the super fun “Flow Trail” to finish. Liaison uses “Up the Backside” and “Spiderbait” back to the top of the hill.
- STANS – Also starting at the very top of the hill the track will include “Rock and Roll 1, 2 and 3” to finish near the event village. Liaison will use various links to back to “Easy Street” and “Beefwood” back to the top.
- LAZER – Leaves the top of the hill and uses “Rock and Roll” to descend onto the “Ridgeline”. Past the Ironbark hub the track joins the “Ridgeline Gravity” to finish in suburbia. Liaison back up “Keelback” and the “Long Way Up” to return to the top.
Round 4: Nerang 17 July, 2021
A hugely popular location for racing in South East Queensland and the site of the first Fox Super Flow ever in QLD, Nerang looks set to be a great round to kick off the run of Super Flow’s in the South East corner. Three rounds will grace the SEQ corner and Nerang State Forest is set to be the first. The course will be one for the fittest riders with longer stages, plenty of pedaling involved and a very familiar course for local riders.
- FOX – Starting at the top of Three Hills Fox will descend for about 1km before crossing the access road into Barney’s to the bottom including the new run out to the Creek Line. Liaison along the Yarrayne fire trail and Goanna track.
- STANS – Mongrels (or Rock and Roll depending on you map) but backward starting at the top of Pete’s and descending for approx. 1.5km. Liaison out is the rest of Mongrels which brings you neatly to the start of FOX.
- Lazer – The ever popular Pete’s finishes opposite the event Hub making it time for a coffee or burger before doing it all over again.
Round 5: Ipswich (Castle Hill) 7 August, 2021
Easily one of the funnest races of 2020, The Fox Super Flow at Castle Hill was a great day on the bike, pinning it with your mates. This year they head back to the awesome trail network and it looks set to be another great day on the bike. Party trains galore, fun, fast trails and that Fox Super Flow format are all the ingredients you need for an epic race.
- FOX (Inca) is a fun and flowy but does contain a few corners that will test the skills of riders.
- RaceFace (Phil’s) is the most technical track, starts next to FOX (aka INCA) and includes 2 technical loose and steep corners that will test the best. Expect this track to blow out so be ready to change line choice across the day. Track finishes on a jumps section at the bottom so “whip it” up.
- STANS (World Cup) has some small doubles and a fun rocky section with a hidden landing for the brave (excellent B Lines for the conservative).
- LAZER (Roweys) is again fast and flowy with a good combination of fun jumps that can all be rolled
Round 6: Mt Joyce 4 September, 2021
The last round of the Queensland Series heads to Mt Joyce and the awesome trail network there. Last year’s race was held later in the year and was a super hot race that was a challenge for all riders, Jared Graves made his way out there from Toowoomba and took the top step in the elite Men’s class. This year the same course as the 2020 round of the fox Super flow at Mt Joyce will be ran which means those that have the legs will likely take the title.